Saturday, January 21, 2012

04:44

That's the time I woke up this morning, couldn't go back to sleep (but tried til 5:45) and so then got up to take some photos of all the snow outside!  What a treat!  This is the first snow that I have been here for this winter (and I believe only the 2nd time it really snowed in the city). 

I wish I could get up more often like this, at least before it's really light outside, even a stroll around our neighborhood becomes a new place to discover at this hour.  We have the English Garden and 'Friedensengel' (Peace Angel, one of my favorite Munich landmarks) just a block away, on our very own street we call home, Prinzregentenstrasse.  There's gourmet Kaefer right across the street (warning:  leave your wallet at home for this place!  Just browse and sample the freebies!)  And so much more, but I'll save that for another post!

Hope you enjoy a few of my snowy morning shots, time for me to go back to bed:

6:30 a.m.  These car lights are kinda my thang lately..

Car lights mean there were others out and about at this ungodly hour!?!



Europaplatz with Russian Embassy behind (just a block from us)

The light was perfectly shining upon the monument for this shot at 7:10 am..but I blurred the little angel!
(my remedy:  don't zoom in, maybe you won't notice)!

Below the Angel of Peace
6:53 a.m.  ISO 200, f/20, 8 sec... I kinda liked this better! 
Happy Accidents.

@6:52 a.m.  ISO 200, f/4, 1/15 sec.


07:05, and the day has dawned.




4 comments:

  1. so schön! i love snowy pre-dawn munich! sorry you're tramping around in it ohne your icebreaker trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's ok.. I had my pants on at least.

      Delete